Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Woman cheats death in her sleep

Beitbridge Bureau Chief

A WOMAN here escaped death by a whisker early yesterday morning after a speeding pirate taxi rammed into her Dulibadzimu house and stopped right next to her bed while she slept.

The incident occurred at around 7am while Ms Talent Moyo was alone in her house.

She said, "It happened while I was fast asleep. I heard a big noise and then I saw the car coming to my bed.

"The car knocked down the door and a part of the wall and stopped after bumping my bed.

"It was like a dream to me and it took me a few minutes to understand what had just happened.

"I am glad that I escaped unhurt although the house is extensively damaged.

"There are a lot of cracks on the walls."

Ms Moyo said police were called to the scene and towed away the car.

According to eyewitnesses, the driver must have stepped on the accelerator pedal rather than the brakes as he reversed and in the process rammed into the house.

He escaped unhurt.

The incident comes a few months after a 25-year-old woman from Beitbridge was arrested by police after she allegedly ran over a 2-year-old boy who had been playing on the veranda of the family home.

It was established that the woman was an unlicensed driver.

published by , The Herald 27 July 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment