Monday, November 22, 2010

Veteran educationist Muleya retires

Beitbridge Bureau Chief

Veteran educationist Mr Nixon Muleya (65) has retired from the Ministry of Education, Sport, Arts and Culture after serving for a continuous 45 years in Beitbridge.

Mr Muleya has indicated he will be available for consultancy services.

He started as a teacher at Chamnangana Primary School on January 1, 1965 where he taught for 22 years.

He was promoted to the post of district staff officer in 1987 — a position he held until his retirement.

He will leave the ministry on December 31 this year.

Speaker after speaker spoke glowingly of Mr Muleya at a party held in his honour at Beitbridge District Club last week.

In his farewell speech, Mr Muleya said: "I am extremely gratified with everyone’s support during my years of service in the Ministry of Education.

"Your co-operation has indeed been my strength. Let me take this opportunity to urge you to continue working tirelessly towards the successful revamping of our country’s education sector.

"Working with teachers and school children has made me feel young, but now I am old enough to call it a day. I promise all stakeholders that I will be readily available for consultancy on issues concerning education because I have a strong passion for this sector."

Matabeleland South provincial education director, Mrs Tumisang Thabela, who was taught by Mr Muleya, described him as a hard working individual who had a burning desire to achieve quality results even in difficult situations.

She challenged him and other retired educators in the district to work as capacity builders.

Published by the Herald 22 November 2010
www.herald.co.za

No comments:

Post a Comment